Monday, August 1, 2011

Dad Visiting and Hawaii

Longing for my first Hawaiian sunset....ahhh
The month of August is going to be a very busy one for the Brousseau's.  This week my dad will be coming to visit us while exploring the Northwest.  We have lots of activities planned for them to make their trip worthwhile and a little more entertaining than Steve and I's normal life glued to the television on the couch. :) We're planning several things like seeing Pike Place and downtown, going to Seafair to see the air show and hydroplane races, and even going whale watching in the San Juans.  I'm really excited about the whale watching since now we are having our summer weather!!  It is finally starting to be consistently in the 70's now! It will be nice to hang with the parents and have great, bonding time!

Right after my parents leave, the next day we are going to Kauai!! Steve and I are very excited because this is a must needed vacation for us.  I have never been to Hawaii at all and have heard nothing but great things about it from the time I was born.  I'm ready to relax on the beach and drink some fruity drinks!! We will also be spending more time with Steve's family and it will be great! We will be in Kauai for two weeks, so I will definitely come back with a nice golden tan...:)

When we come back from Hawaii I will have to go back to work the following Monday..:(. We have a week of meetings and professional development to get us ready for the new year, and I can start getting back into a routine again. This summer has been very relaxing laying around with the dogs, running by the lake, and working on my classes.  I am almost done with my second class!! In a few weeks I will be submitting my action research project (which is already 15 pages long) and I'll be done (yes I will also have to work on this in Kauai)...but oh well. Then I start my children's literature course that I am actually kind of excited about! 

Pictures of our adventures coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment