Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sick..Sick..Sick


My Firefighter hubby....isn't he cute??  :)

As of now I am laying in my bed...along with the dog, trying to fight off yet another sinus infection.  In Tucson I would get 2-3 sinus infections a year because my body simply doesn't like the dry weather.  I grew up in a humid climate and my body likes "wetter" environments.  I was soo close to not getting sick this year....and now I'm in bed...can only breathe out of one nostril, sipping hot tea, wrestling with all of the tissues, and snuggling with the dog.  I have used every sinus medication under the sun in previous years, and they really do not work for me.  I hate using medicine to fight off anything because it just "hides" the symptoms, yet I am still sick, and loopy to boot. So I am just waiting this awful thing out hoping to be back to work a little bit better on Monday.  Hence...."relaxing"....by the way Food Network is doing a great weekend of CHOCOLATE...yay Valentine's Day coming up!!!

I also came to the decision last week to go on a little hiatus from facebook, and I haven't missed it at all.  I have been very down on myself lately about a lot of things...maybe even jealousy issues, and made the decision to not go on facebook for a long time.  I don't have a time frame in mind for how long I will be away...I'm just hoping it will phase out of my life.  I have found that I waste soo much time on facebook trying to keep up with every person I have ever encountered in high school, college, and etc., but a lot of these people I rarely have a conversation with on the phone, person to person, or what.  I really do admire our society for advancing in technology but at the same time people do not know how to talk to each other and have a conversation anymore.  Everything is "he/she facebooked me", or you don't even think to call them up to have a conversation that is so much more intimate and meaningful.  I will continue to post my blog postings to facebook, but I will not log-in to my account to check on everything else.  I have many of my friends and family that still read my blog and this is how they can read it.  I will use this time off to read the list of books I have been meaning to read, take my dogs for runs, learn a new recipe to cook and spend more time with Steve.  There is so much more to life than checking in on everyone else to see what they are doing.  I would rather spend more time on me, myself and I.

Sorry for the ranting, this is just some of the things I have been thinking about lately....if you need to contact me you may call....or even text me!!!

I hope you all have a great Super Bowl Sunday!! Eat great food, spend time with friends, and enjoy my favorite part....the commercials!!

Too bad my beloved Cowboys aren't in it......there's always next year!! haha ;)

1 comment:

  1. I understand your sentiment Kim. I'm sure it's easy to get lost in the facebook world. But I have to comment to the contrary as well. Facebook did something for me during a time that wasn't so great otherwise. It reconnected me to a lot of people from back in the day, plus gives me an avenue to keep up with from the present. I am truly grateful to be back in touch with friends from school.. and we don't just communicate via facebook. It has opened up the communication lines again via other routes as well. Even within facebook, there are the private messages which are more intimate and personal.. and the chats..

    There are times that I do not want to sit for long periods of time with the phone to my ear.. facebook chat allows me to talk to someone comfortably. I enjoy it.

    On the other side, being able to see what my friends are up to and commenting on their posts.. sometimes gives me something to laugh at. Laughter is a good thing. Facebook doesn't consume me or my time.. It's just an extra, and special part of my life.

    I'm not sure what you are referring to regarding being down on yourself or the jealousy issues, but all I can say is that your life is what you make of it, and a direct result of the decisions you make... My life isn't what I'd like it to be either..but it certainly has nothing to do with facebook. If someone makes a post that makes me jealous.. I take it as something to make a change about and to strive for.

    Anyway.. enough blubbering on my part.. Just wanted to comment that basically... what it boils down to is "to each his own"..You will make the decision that is best for you. Love you.. Aunt Julie

    ReplyDelete