Saturday, February 12, 2011

another sick weekend... :( and Valentine's Day!!

 Riley Bear at the Dog Park

Yet again I am stuck at home on Saturday sick watching movies with the dogs on the couch!  I honestly have no idea what I have.  At first I thought I had a sinus infection, and stayed home from work on Monday.  Then I went back to work for the rest of the week, and started feeling bad again at the end of my Thursday workday, and powered through yesterday as well.  I feel like I have some sort of head cold, with headaches and lots of congestion in my throat and sinuses.  I absolutely hate taking medicine, I would like to take the natural route and have my body kick the problem out on it's own.  So now I'm here with my super-sized orange juice laying on the couch with Buddy watching "French Kiss"...one of my Mom and I's favorites.

On another note, I am planning on cooking a nice dinner for Steve tomorrow night for our Valentine's Day.  I am planning on cooking some Barefoot Contessa recipes....an engagement chicken, some roasted vegetables....and some other stuff.  I do really love cooking new things and using Steve as my guinea pig.  It is also very hard at times to please his palate since he is such a picky eater!! But we shall see!! :)

I am very excited for next week since our district has mid-winter break!!! (not this week coming up), but next week we get a full week off for a 2nd winter break!!  I am so excited and need to figure out my plans....hopefully I won't be sick anymore and I'll be able to exercise again....maybe cook more new foods...and spend some quality time with Steve on his days off.  I am very excited!!  I would definitely love some company if you are in the Seattle area :)

For the rest of my day I plan on listening to Bob Marley....and reading my book!!

Enjoy your Valentine's Day with the ones you love!!
Take Care!
~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment