Sunday, May 22, 2011

How many days until summer??

One of my favorite summer memories...helping my great papa on the farm!
Louisiana...possibly flooded now due to the torrential rains
Hello Everyone!  Yes, again, I am at home sick this weekend.  I am still confused what I have.  I either have a head cold or allergies are getting the best of me.  Seattle has been blessed lately with 70 degree temps this week, and lots of sun...I have a feeling the new spring blossoms and pollen have been disrupting my nasal passages.  I am extremely congested, have a scratchy, dry throat, and am having headaches.  I even had this during my class' field trip this week..in beautiful weather.. :(.  Hopefully this clears up soon!

On the positive side, Steve has gotten another interview with Renton FD!  Only the top 70 people were selected for interviews out of 2,000!  Let's just hope one of these interviews pays off soon!  Steve and I have been looking forward to moving at the end of September into a rental HOME.  We really miss having a backyard, and a little more space and storage.  We're going to be looking in the Issaquah/Maple Valley areas for a decent size house with a decent rent.  Our current rent is getting a little high for us....and we don't have a very nice grocery store close enough to us.  So the search is on!!

Speaking of summer...I only have 18 days left of work!!  My friends in Tucson are ending school this week....so I still have a little longer to go! 

These are my plans for summer:
  • visit mom end of june
  • camping over 4th of July weekend
  • tutoring students from school
  • starting my master's (I start this Thursday...ahh!)
  • dad visiting early August
  • going to Hawaii before school starts up again....12 days of bliss!! Yes!!
Hopefully I'm not too wiped out!!
Here are some of Steve's current pictures:


Buddy loafing around on the couch

Riley napping

flowers I received from teacher appreciation week...I think I have 4 other flower arrangements in my classroom

what most of riley's tennis balls look like

enjoying the sun....total happiness


2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Love the picture of your Great Papa's farm! 18 days?! That's it?! Your summer sounds full and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics are so great! I need to learn a thing or two from Steve...just have no time :)! I didn't know you guys were going to Hawaii! I am so jealous! We are hoping to go early next year! What island/where are you staying? Have fun in TX! We'll be in OK in a few weeks! Soooo excited!

    ReplyDelete