Saturday, April 9, 2011

April Break

My Pride and Joy!!! 

This past week I had my school's spring break...which is actually very late for what I am used to....I usually have it the 1st or 2nd week of March.  But this change was definitely ok!  Most of the week it rained and I caught up on my reading, sleeping, bonding with the dogs, and exercise.  I also discovered a new book that I have fallen in love with.  It is not typically something I would kick  back and read, but it was a good book to make you feel....BODY CONFIDENT!  It's a health and fitness book that teaches you how you are supposed to eat, the calorie intake you are supposed to have with each meal, and how to incorporate exercise into your life.  This book has really opened my eyes how most people have been eating the wrong way, you are not supposed to eat only 3 times a day!! You are supposed to eat small meals every 3 hours!!  So that's 5-6 meals daily!  They even say you're supposed to eat within the hour you go to bed.  The author is a nutritionist/personal trainer who lets us know that we always need to respond to our bodies blood sugar levels, and always keep them balanced.  Eating this way will give you tons of more energy and less cravings for other "non-clean" foods!  I really recommend this book if you are struggling with feeling confident about your body!!

Besides reading the book throughout my week, and changing my eating habits, I was able to go out with my SMIL, to go shopping and I even got to try Dim Sum!! Very interesting!  It was also nice to spend some more time with Steve on his days off this week, yesterday we went on a hike with my FIL and SMIL in the forest behind their house.  (This was our first truly sunny day in awhile so we took advantage of it!)

Here are some pics of our sunny day!

Buddy and Riley love to swim!!

Riley with freedom!
Sadie finally free as well!
Pretty flowers around our home!
Too pretty!  This makes the rain worth having the beautiful sunny days!

The Super Moon we had the other week! 
The moon looks very close to the sun!

Well I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Steve and I are going out with close friends that we have not seen in awhile, and are looking forward to it!  Then tomorrow we will continue with our spring cleaning.....and then back to work for me!  I have definitley enjoyed it!
PS...let me know if you want the information from the book I mentioned!  It is truly great!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment