Saturday, April 3, 2010

2 1/2 months until the move!



This past Tuesday, we finally came back from Seattle. We were in Seattle for 6 days job hunting, and getting acquainted with the suburbs of Seattle that we would like to move to. We spent a lot of time with Steve's family and friends and had a wonderful time.

During the trip I visited 18 elementary schools in two days! I am absolutely so thankful for Abby, Steve's step-mom, for driving me all around Issaquah and Maple Valley in search of the perfect schools to work at. I was only able to visit with one of the principals at the schools and he told me that he wouldn't know if they would be able to hire until May-June. The typical school year in Washington ends in mid-June and then starts again in September after labor day. So I will have quite a long summer this year! I probably won't be going on any interviews until we move up there, so that will be better.

As well as me looking for jobs, Steve was also able to take another firefighter test, and was able to go on another ride-along for 24 hours with his cousin Mike. Mike's station is in Auburn, south of Seattle, and Steve had to work alongside the other firefighters for 24 hours straight. He was able to speak to the station's fire chief and got a positive outlook on his job search. He hopes that he had scored high enough on his test he took, and hopes to get a call soon about a fire department that wants to interview him. People have been telling him that he is the perfect age to become a firefighter, due to his experience in the working world.

After we came back from our trip I went back to work, and Steve had more studying to do for his EMT class. He will be done with his class in early May, and then will take the national EMT test at the end of May. Steve has also booked our Uhaul for our big move. We will be moving the week of June 10th so Steve can take another firefighting test to give himself more options for prospective jobs.

It will be very sad to leave my school and my mom and mike behind in Tucson. I have really grown attached to my co-workers at school and the community feeling I have every morning when I go into work. I have never worked with such a tight-knit group of people that are so humorous and accepting of everyone. I will miss them all dearly. It will be also sad to leave my mother who has been my back bone through so much of my life.

On the bright side, I hope everyone has an enjoyable Easter weekend spent with loved ones, family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment